Believing that present and future generations need to know what God has been doing in the PCA’s ministry to women, this edition of the PCA’s Women’s Ministry Resource Quarterly introduces a new look and an opportunity to share more information by using the web. But, to appreciate “the new,” it’s important to have a quick look at the history of our publication:
- It all began in 1978: The Committee on Christian Education and Publications (CEP) began to print a WIC newsletter, An Occasional Newsletter from
the Women’s Advisory Sub-Committee.
- Some years later the name was changed to The Local President’s Resource Letter with five issues per year.
- 1993: The WIC Resource Letter was published six times a year.
- In 2002 a newly titled The WIC Resource Quarterly was moved to a quarterly format.
- This first issue of 2010 marks a significant milestone for us. The PCA Women’s Ministry Resource Quarterly comes to you through the mail as a four page, four color publication and a link to our website with more articles and resources.
Throughout the changing names, the purpose has been constant: to help CEP carry out the mission of training, encouraging, and networking PCA women in leadership in order that they might use it to equip and disciple others to love the Lord through His church.
We hope that you will celebrate this “coming of age” in this equipping piece! We pray that it will continue to connect us to one another, across lifestyles, geography, and generations as a covenantal community of sisters in Christ.