Please choose one of the following resources to read in preparation for coming to Leadership Training 2011. (We are full of grace, so there will be no test if you don’t!)
These selected resources will:
- Focus our hearts, minds, and ministry goals on the God and Gospel that calls us to serve.
- Remind us that it is not the latest marketing trends, nor well-crafted strategies, but humble, broken, obedient, prayinghearts tuned to God’s call of kingdom service and leadership founded on a biblical, covenantal approach to ministry.
A summary is available for each of the following-just click on the title. These are available through the CEP Bookstore. Call 1-800-283-1357 or visit www.cepbookstore.com to order.
- Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders – a classic!
- The Heart of a Servant Leader – C. Jon Miller – pastoral, compassionate letters that model biblical leadership for the reader
- Leadership for Women in the Church -Susan Hunt and Peggy Hutcheson – another classic!
- Women’s Ministry in the Local Church – J. Ligon Duncan and Susan Hunt
- Leading with a Limp – Dan B. Allender – What God can do with flawed leaders!
- Leading with Love – Alexander Strauch
- The Enduring Community – Brian Habig and Les Newsom – A useful picture of what the Bible has to say about His Church – a good training tool for leaders
- The Church - Richard Phillips, Philip Ryken, Mark Dever -Reminds us of the context of our call to leadership and service – “The Church is the vessel for the display of God’s glory throughout the world.”