From Overture 6 – Georgia Foothills Presbytery
“Child Protection in the PCA”
“All church leaders should become informed and take an active stance toward preventing child sexual abuse in the church by screening staff and volunteers, training them in child protection, and actively maintaining child protection policies pertaining to our obligations to love our children and protect their rightful interests as God’s image-bearers from the devastating actions of abusers.” (Matthew 18:5-6)
CEP recommends the following resources regarding Child Safety:
- Child Safety Guidelines for Local Churches by Roger N. McNamara (Xulon Press)
- Safe Kids: Policies and Procedures for Protecting Children in the Church by Blake Caldwell (Beacon Hill)
- Preventing Child Abuse by Beth A Swagman (Faith Alive Christian Resources)
- Helps churches and nonprofit organizations develop policies and procedures to protect children and youth.
- Safekeeping by Henni Helleman, Patricia J Vos (Faith Alive Christian Resources)
- An age-appropriate two-session abuse prevention curriculum for grades K-8.
- Brotherhood Mutual Insurance—Brotherhood Mutual provides an Online library of safety and risk management materials created especially for churches and related ministries. The website has articles, checklists, guidebooks and tools, publications, sample forms, and training.
- MinistrySafe—MinistrySafe is another online ministry that trains church staff and volunteers in the area of child abuse prevention
- Website: www.MinistrySafe.com
- Safe Kids at Church
- Doulos Resources
VBS Registration Forms:
- Sample VBS Registration Form (used with permission from Parish of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in Irvine)
Looking for VBS resources? Check these out…
VBS Reachout Adventures: Follow the famous fleeing prophet Jonah, tracing his roundabout route to repentance to discover life-changing truths about the Savior he points to.
Great Commission Publications–The King is Coming: From Creation to Revelations, tell God’s complete story in one week around the theme of castles, knights and all that is kingly.
Scottish Sleuths Vacation Bible School Curriculum: This VBS series has been designed to present the gospel of Jesus Christ to children through a week-long, intensive study of God’s Word.
- Teaching Your Children to Worship by Covenant Pres. in Chattanooga, TN.
- Gospel Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- Parenting By God’s Promises by Joel Beeke
- Parenting in the Pew by Robbie Castleman
- Your Home: A Place of Grace by Susan Hunt
- You Are Ministers by John W Neal
- God’s Alphabet for Life by Joel Beeke and Heidi Boorsma
- My ABC Bible Verses by Susan Hunt
- The Child’s Story Bible by Catherine Vos
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Train Up a Child by S. Windham (Thomas Kay)
- Rediscovering Catechism by Donald van Dyken
- Rediscovering Family Worship by Jerry Marcellino
- Family Worship by Joel Beeke
- Family Worship Book by Terry Johnson
- Grandpa’s Box by Starr Meade
- Training Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade
- Understanding the Faith by Stephen Smallman
- God’s Promises by Sally Michaels
- God’s Names by Sally Michaels
- Dinner Table Devotions by Nancy Guthrie
- Heart of the Home CD Study by Priscilla Stewart & Sue Jakes