What men’s ministry programs are working in the PCA?
A. Probably, all of them. There is no “key” program to copy. We’ve heard that the following resources have been used effectively in men’s ministry in the PCA:
- Numerous Books, DVD’s, and seminars from Man in the Mirror
- Studies of the WCF
- Galatians Bible Study, Church of the Redeemer
- Forging Bonds of Brotherhood booklet and program
- Desiring God book study
- Wild at Heart book and DVDs
- Great Dads Seminar
- Reading Paul Miller’s book, Love Walked Among Us
- Called to Sexual Integrity Seminar
- Dangerous Freedom Seminar
- Men’s Fraternity-weekly DVD’s with table discussion
- Top Gun-intensive weekly Bible Study with 2 hrs of prep.
- Brother Brigade-works as part of a Wednesday family night program
B. However, successful men’s ministry is not being achieved because of using any particular program. It is being achieved by churches with strong men’s ministry teams that have an effective long term strategy for building a disciple-making ministry to men. Without the right leadership and long term strategy, any program you use will be a flash in the pan.
C. That is why our strategy at CE&P is not to develop a men’s discipleship program. Many programs and materials already exist. Our strategy is to raise up men’s ministry coaches who can help our churches build men’s ministry teams that are equipped with an effective strategy for building a long term disciple-making ministry for men in their churches.