Asking “Where can I find Steph Hubach” is kind of like asking “Where’s Waldo?” While Steph usually has a pretty busy speaking schedule in the fall, this year, she’s busy filming a 13-week DVD series on her book Same Lake, Different Boat for inclusion in the Gospel and Disability Educational Gift Packs. Grant funding from the Harris-Harper Family Foundation, matched by MNA, is providing the money for the creation of the video series itself. Replication and distribution will occur with Love Gift funds next year.
Here are a few places that Steph will be in the next few months. Her travel/speaking schedule is usually booked about a year in advance. So, if you’d like Steph to come speak to your congregation, PresWIC, presbytery, retreat, or at a larger event, please plan ahead and contact her at email@example.com. (BTW, she is conversant on subjects besides disability!) One of the best ways to get on the schedule is to “piggy-back” off another already scheduled event. If you live in the same region as one of the events listed below, feel free to contact Steph to see if she could add your church or group to her plans while she’s in your area.
- October 17th, St. Mark’s Church, Wheaton, IL
- October 20th, Chicago Metro Presbytery, Naperville, IL
- November TBD, Covenant Presbyterian Church, Abingdon, MD (tentative)
- December 4th-5th, Covenant Presbyterian Church, Sebring, FL
- January 26th-28th, Joni and Friends Int’l Disability Center (meetings), Agoura Hills, CA (tentative)
- February 12th 2011, Southwest Florida Presbytery, Location TBD (tentative)
- February 24th-26th 2011, WIC Leadership Training, Atlanta, GA
- February 26th 2011, Old Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Duluth, GA
- April 1st 2011, College Church, Wheaton, IL
- April 2nd 2011, Voice of Care, Chicago, IL
- April 3rd 2011, All Souls Anglican Church, Wheaton, IL (tentative)
- July TBD 2011, YXL Northeast, Stevens, PA (tentative)
Unfortunately, Steph will not be at General Assembly in 2011 as Tim (her younger son with Down syndrome) is graduating from high school that week! (Go Tim!) Instead, Martie Kwasny-who serves on Steph’s MNA Special Needs Advisory Team-will be working at the MNA Special Needs Ministries booth that week. So please stop in and meet Martie!
Picture of Steph and Timmy 10 years ago…
Picture of Tim Hubach now…
Picture of Martie Kwasny