The two hundred and fifty participants of the 2010 CEP Women’s Ministries Leadership Conference will enjoy remembering some of the pieces of this great weekend of training and encouragement.
For those who missed it, for those who have never come, we want to give you a snapshot taste of the weekend…we hope you will be with us in 2011!
Women told us:
- “I have never had a conference impact me as much as this one did. I am so excited to expand my understanding of the concepts presented…I have been giving a lot of thought to the legacy I want to leave behind.”
- “I am proud to be a woman in this denomination.”
- One first-time attendee summed up the conference well: “excellent teaching, valuable training, and warm fellowship,” sending the women back to their ministries “informed and inspired.”
- Jerram Barrs’ teaching on the book of Ruth showed us how Boaz’ example stands as a miniature depicting God’s missionary calling in front of the backdrop of lawlessness and rebellion in Israel (similar to the times we live in).
- Tara Barthel sent us home thinking on the value and importance of woman-to-woman discipleship.
- Three workshop periods with five workshops offered in each
- Times scheduled for women to be with others in their geographic regions.
- An opportunity for leadership women to meet with those in similar leadership roles.
- A denominational night in which we saw the “big picture” of the PCA.
- Fellowship around the dinner table.
- …and a bit of fun and laughter!
Missed it? You can still benefit! A flash drive of all general sessions and most workshops can be ordered online. Visit the CEP Bookstore. Downloads are also available of the general sessions and each of the workshop sessions (four of the five workshops are available in each session).
Click on the links below for conference resources, and check back for updates!
Power Point Presentations and other Handouts:
Ruth I (Plenary session) – PowerPoint
Ruth II (Plenary session) – PowerPoint
Ruth III (Plenary session) – PowerPoint
Leading Them, Loving Them (Workshop) – PowerPoint